When you plan a move, you know you will need lots of packing boxes. Even if you are a minimalist, you still require a few boxes in which to pack various items. If you talk to experts at the top moving company in Washington DC, they say this is one area many people neglect. They often skimp on selection. Yet, it is very important for anyone who is moving to find and use only the right packing boxes.
Picking Packing Boxes
According to packing and moving experts, packing boxes should meet certain criteria. They should have specific characteristics if you want your items to be moved as safely as possible from Washington DC to Hyattsville Maryland or points unknown. Consider the following as defining proper packing boxes:
* Sturdy: They should be strong enough to withstand movement and heavier objects.
* Thick: The need to be thick on all sides in order to sustain shifting, moving, lifting, heavy objects and other tensions.
* Suitable: The box should match its purpose. If it is of a specific weight, height, shape, the box needs to meet these dimensions. In some instances, it may be necessary to purchase a specialty box to fulfill the task.
* Uniformity: If you are storing boxes or plan to stack them in a van or room, you require some uniformity of size.
These are all basic characteristics of boxes that will be suitable to move and store your mundane and valuable items. They will be able to handle and keep safe those that are heavy and durable as well as those that are light and fragile.
A Top Moving Company and Packing Boxes
Some people get their boxes from grocery stores; others prefer liquor retailers. While both types of boxes may seem satisfactory, they may not be able to withstand the rigors of moving and/or storage. If you talk to a professional top moving company, it will recommend a variety of boxes they have in stock. These are made specifically for moving and storage purposes. Among the most common types you can obtain are:
* Medium (18 x 14 x 12 in.): A standard size capable of containing kitchen items, light collectibles books, and other similar items.
* Large (20 x 20 x 15 in.): Designed to contain and transport heavier household items.
* Extra-large (23 x 23 x 16 in.): These are not to be used to pack large, heavy items. They are intended, instead, for light large goods such as bedding, clothing, drapes.
Moving companies also have specialty boxes including files and wardrobes.
If you are stuck on boxes, do not fret. Talk to the top moving company in Washington DC. They can advise you on and supply you with the right tool – or box, for the job. In this manner, you will be able to help guarantee the safe arrival of your goods and earn the thanks of your moving company for packing things as they should be.